Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A lot of new things!!!


A lot of new things and a lot of time without writing anything in this blog. First of all I have to say that my Octane was down because monitor problems (monitor switch problems) but at the end of july a new KVMA switch arrived. It is a Gembird CAS-441. I was surprised by the good quality and its function.

A lot of people says that the Octane's dont work whit KVM's but it does. Just two things:
1.- Only standard keyboards are supported. My newer keyboard with fast access keys -sound, mail, etc.- hangs the KVM.
2.- Sometimes the special keys (ctrl, alt, BloqNum, et.) does not work properly, usually when I change the working computer. A reboot of the computer repairs the problem but I need to do more test (plug-unplug keyboard, cables, etc.)

With the new switch I remade my old adapter 13W3-HD15, doing it short and with HD15 (VGA) female at the end. Special lead with video, keyboard and mouse in one cable do the rest.

After some weeks of work I'm happy this this KVM, the quality of video is excellent comparing with other models, no blur at the monitor and digital control inside works okay. (And is a very cheap model!!!!)

No comments: