Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Silencing

Hello.
Today arrived at home a new packet with a lot of fans. First I ordered two new fans for the Octane2 and small ones for the Extrem Networks switch and Gigabyte server. In th switch I changed the three original Delta Electronics fans by slow and quiet Sharkoon S402030L-3. This new fans run at only 3000 rpm with 16 dB(A) of noise.... With the switch running you hear anything!!!!! This new fans take out small air quantity but the switch is placed outside a datacenter - in my room!!!!-, and with the small amount of machines running over there, It isn't needed to take out a lof air -That room is not ver heat-.

Maybe tomorrow I'll upload some pictures. The only special thing that I did is to change the wires in the fan plug as the original fans have.

At the end I replaced the Octane PSU fan for a new quiet Sharkoon one but after a lot of work done (nearly 30 bolts out and then returned in place), the fan doesn't turn :(
Today I'm too tired to check it again.... tomorrow perhaps.

See you.

No comments: