Friday, September 5, 2008

Fueling my life!!!!


Yeeeessssss, This is my not new Fuel!!!!!

From a year ago there is not a lot of SGI machines in the second hand market and the price of this few machines was very high but this time, I bid on this Fuel and at the end I paid less that I paid for my Octane2. It has some scratches and repair will be hard but it works very nice.

This machine is a 600 MHz CPU with 1 GB of RAM. I think it's a medium range Fuel. Enough to watch the difference with my loved Blue One. Firefox and runs so smooth on this but... the same day the Fuel arrived I installed an extra GB of RAM in the Octane (2 GB total) I received some time ago from Ian Mapleson, and... WHAT A CHANGE!!! I can say that my old Octane2 has changed a lot and now is a lot faster. If one R12000 400MHz with 2GB is good enough, what can the Fuel do with the same amount of memory? Unfortunately I have to buy a complete set of dimm's because all the slots are populated and I can't afford this now.

Now I need sometime to check how many processes are running in both machines, maybe I don't need everything that is loaded in memory...

More comming soon...

No comments: