Thursday, December 11, 2008

Now I'm a Xubuntu user

The last week I was testing the last releases of Solaris, OpenSolaris and SXCE (snv_103) on my laptop, but I had the same problem with the ACPI driver than before. This is a major problem because with no wireless connection and with a difficult Ethernet setup is update to anew release is a pain.

Then I decided to return to Linux but I decided to change from Fedora to a clean and fast solution. The distribution is XUBUNTU and, really, I'm very impressed: It's very fast and stable, has a good package manager and I can do everything I need for now except browse smb shares. I installed the samba client but I need some software to browse shares and I don't want to install Gnome or KDE file managers.

I will take a look this weekend.

No comments: