Tuesday, March 2, 2010

USB Wacom tablets on IRIX

Googling for some information about the Wacom IRIX drivers for USB devices I found this great post in the Nekochan forums. Just some tweaking is needed to work. In my case I have a Wacom Graphire2 tablet (model ET-0405A-U) what I aquired some time before for only 6 Euro! The tablet was detected fine by the system and appeared on hinv, and it was useable -to some extend- in the PROM.

To use this on the X system I only created a config file like the Neko forum post:
fuel 1# cd /usr/lib/X11/input/config
fuel 2# vi tablet
    x_init {
    name "tablet"
    scalewhich "none"
    pushpointer "on"
    autostart "on"
    pressure "on"
    }
:wq

And then only logout and login to the X window system. Now at the end on the hinv I get:
USB controller: type OHCI
USB Human Interface Device: device id 0 type tablet

1 comment:

cryz said...

hi titox!
can you confirm if the pressure levels works in USB WACOM TABLETS under IRIX?
For example, in Photoshop or another image editing software?
Could it be possible in a Cintiq 12WX too?

thanks!