Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wacom Graphire2 and Irix update

Following this post in the Nekochan forums, I did some more test with my Wacom Graphire2 USB tablet. The goal was to check if pressure levels works with the sgi driver, the driver supplied with the Irix distribution cd's.

A quick search returned two interesting pages:

The results are good. Not fantastic but pressure levels are working. I never used a tablet before but in my case to use the pressure level function I have to use a button to draw. While I push the button I can move the pencil away and closer to change the with of the draw. If I press the tablet the color changes to background color. (Extracted from my post in Nekochan forums).

In the following pic you can find an example of the pressure changes in size and color. The config file is also open:


The next job will be check if the Absolute Mode works. I checked some different setting but with no results.
We will see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!