Thursday, January 7, 2010

My touchpad works!!!!

From a long time I have to use an external mouse with my Acer laptop because when I reinstalled the OS for the first time, the touchpad stopped working. I that time all my search in the web returned a lot of people with the same problem but never a solution.
Today I did a new search (I don't know why) but I found a forum post where a guy tells a simple-easy-stupid solution: "Press Fn+F7 to reactivate the touchpad..." When I arrived home I tested and... voilà: it just works. I never used the special buttons of the keyboard and I don't have a good manual of the laptop (well, it comes without, just files in the hard disk).
Seems that these are working without the Acer shit drivers and in linux systems also: I will try soon in Solaris.

No comments: